May 17, 2012
Raspberry Lemon Muffins = YUM
image & recipe found at :
RASPBERRY LEMON CRUMBLE MUFFINS
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
Juice of 1 lemon, plus enough milk to fill 1 cup
4 tablespoons canola oil
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1 cup raspberries
1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoon flour
zest of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup almonds, sliced or chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange 12 paper liners in muffin tin or grease 12 muffin cups thoroughly.
2. For the topping, stir together sugar, flour and zest in a small bowl. Stir in melted butter till mixtre is crumbly. Add almonds if using, and set aside.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
4. Stir in the sugar; then make a well in the center.
5. Mix the egg, lemon juice/milk, lemon zest and oil together in a bowl, pour into the flour mixture and mix quickly until just combined.
6. Add the raspberries and lightly fold them into the mixture until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared paper liners, filling them about two-thirds full.
7. Divide the crumb topping between the 12 muffins, sprinkling and pressing slightly onto muffin batter if needed.
8. Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and firm in the center. Transfer to a wire rack and serve warm or cold.
I made these the other day, and they were DELICIOUS!!! You have to try them!!! :) Have a MARVELOUS day in the joy of our LORD!