December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015.....

   Wow.. I can't believe it's the last day of 2015!! This year has been a whirlwind, to say the least. My family went through the hardest time of our lives with the passing of my Mom in June. It's been very hard to go on with life without her. From now on , when I think about 2015, I will remember the day that She took her last breath on this earth. I feel funny when I say this, but in a way 2015 was also one of the most beautiful years of my life. The love and kindness We received from friends and family surrounding Mom's death brought such warmth to us in the midst of loss. Most of all , The love and comfort of our Savior, Jesus Christ, made this year a blessed one. We are so fortunate that we have a Heavenly Father who truly cares about His children. He loves us so much and it hurts Him to see us suffer. He also carried us through a difficult season in October when we lost my precious Grandma , "Mimi". I miss both of these women being apart of my everyday life, but I carry the memory of them in my heart and strive to be the woman they influenced me to be. This year along with its trials have taught me the importance of relying upon GOD. If it weren't for Him, I wouldn't have the strength and courage to face each day. Thank you , LORD for carrying me through day by day. This reminds me of the poem, Footprints in the Sand:


The Footprints Prayer

One night I had a dream...
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord, and Across the sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; One belonged to me, and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of my life flashed before us, I looked back at the footprints in the sand. I noticed that many times along the path of my life, There was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life This really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, You would walk with me all the way; But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, There is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why in times when I needed you the most, you should leave me.
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child. I love you, and I would never, never leave you during your times of trial and suffering. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you.
- See more at: http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/footprints-prayer.html#sthash.G8YeW9XJ.dpuf

__________________________________________________________________

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;  Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God."
   

Blessed be GOD who comforts us! Let's pass on His Love and Comfort to those around us! 


Here's to a blessed 2016! By God's Grace, I hope it is a year of Love, Laughter, Peace, and Spiritual Growth for us all!! 


<3 Sarah




                                                     





No comments:

Post a Comment