December 13, 2010

Soft Answer or Harsh Words?

  Proverbs 15:1 " A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."

 Have you ever been in a situation where someone says something mean and rude in an angry voice, and you spit something back just as mean and rude? It doesn't turn out very well,  does it? In Proverbs, we are advised to answer softly when met with an angry comment. For example, if someone says: " You were so mean to me last night! I'm mad at you! " The best answer would be : " I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings last night, I didn't mean to. I apologize , Please forgive me!" When you answer in a soft , humble manner, things usually go much better. If you  answer angrily, the conversation will go back and forth , and you'll end up saying things you'll regret! So, when you are faced with a angry remark, ask the Lord to help you answer softly, and handle the situation the way He would!

No comments:

Post a Comment